10.13.2011

Last Night

Something about the O'Gwin men I have quickly learned is they LOVE their wives, and wives to be, to the point where they become a little possessive.
Family, TV, Computer, and Dogs can all become Zane's latest enemy if they interfere with my attention, especially if he feels like he hasn't seen me enough that day.

So when Zane is at work from 8am-5pm (or longer) and at school from 6:30pm-8:30pm, and my bed time is 10:30pm, leaving us with about 2 hours a day to see each other, Zane is feeling a little grumpy.
And lets be honest, so am I.

Yesterday was a particularly wearing day on Z.
So I planned a little somethin that wouldn't involve any distractions, and hopefully help him relax.


It takes a bit of effort to make my basement look inviting, but I did what I could.
I bought us some drinks and a few treats, ordered some pizza (Zane's favorite), and popped in a movie. 

Sometimes when life is feeling overwhelming, you have to take a different approach to the small things in life you do have control over. Like our 2 little hours. Putting some thought and a little TLC into it made last night a itsy-bitsy, mini, baby vacation. 

You've got to work with what you've been given. 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Such a great little wifey-to-be :)

    P.S. Love the new blog title

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love your blog title!!

    ReplyDelete