11.01.2010

Halloween Shmalloween

Halloween has always been my least favorite holiday.
My parents tell me that even when I was a kid I didn't really enjoy tick-or-treating.
I'm an old soul. 

All I remember of the Halloweens of my early years is that I always wanted a skimpier costume than the weather and my parents permitted. 
I just wanted is to be a genie with my tummy showing; no leotard underneath mom! I mean, who doesn't want their 7 year old child's costume to be described as sexy?! Every parent's dream come true. 

Anyway, with the cold weather, the moderate exercise, and the forced modesty Halloween just never made any sense to me.
and it still doesn't.

So being the lame, super mature woman I am, I skipped Utah States most famous party, the Howl, and came home. 
By what my friends said about it, I didn't miss out on too much. They all had fun, blah blah blah, but it was overrated.

Instead of partying, I carved a pumpkin and watched a scary movie with some friends.  
It was the BEST pumpkin I have ever carved in the history of Halloween. 
and it was an incredibly stupid movie, which I was thrilled with. 
(I recently discovered, I don't really enjoy being scared to the point where I have to sing church songs over and over in my head just to try and get some sleep.)

I had fun. 
It was a nice, costume-less, suuuuper mature, Halloween weekend :)

Don't be confused by Braden holding the knife, he didn't carve a thing.
All me :)

Finished product. I am proud, okay?!

The whole group and their pumpkins

The closest thing to dressing up all weekend! :)



Now the worst holiday of the year is over, and it's time for the best ones!
Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner people! 

I am one of those annoying people who listen to Christmas music BEFORE Thanksgiving is over, because Christmas is obviously such a better holiday. 
The only reason I am even recognizing Thanksgiving on this blog is because it involves getting a break of school and going to Disneyland!

The rest of this year is downhill from here! woo-hoo!

2 comments:

  1. That Braden is such a clown ;)

    Don't forget to do some study and homework while sliding downhill through the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Braden's clown photo and from what I hear about the Howl, your mom wouldn't want you there either. :)

    ReplyDelete