4.20.2012

bye-bye bri

This has been a weeks of weeks. Much too busy for my taste, and much too emotional for Zane's, and anyone else who had the pleasure of interacting with me.

Work managed to be rather busy, and painfully slow, at the same time.
It was the last week of school before finals, meaning punishment for all my procrastination.
My sister leaves for her internship in California tomorrow, thus my hand-crafted [and extremely thoughtful] gift had to be finished today.
And the cherry on top, my special lady time of the month making me cry 4 times a day over the stress of it all. I also may have shed a few tears because of replies to text messages being too slow, and wrong pizza toppings.

In the end, I pulled it all off.
Homework assignments are turned in, and Bri's book of Love Letters is completed.

Essentially, I had a bunch of Bri's friends, and family, write her a letter as a goodbye gift before she left for Conan. [She's interning at the Conan O'Brian show, I know, she's totally cool.]
After sucking up all of my crafty juices, and destroying my home, I finally compiled them into a scrapbook-like gift.


My home has looked like this for days.

The letters look a little something like this. 



She loved it!  
Tears were shed, not from me for the first time in weeks. Though I cried many touched tears while working on the project. 
It turned out pretty perfect, if I do say so myself. 

I really want to thank everyone who took the time to write something for Bri. So many sweet words were said, and there was never a more deserving person. 
It meant so much to me, and even more to Bri. So a HUGE thank you to anyone and everyone who contributed.

I love my sister very much, and will surely miss having her around this summer. 
She's an essential piece to the family puzzle, and it won't be the same without her.





Thank goodness the week is over. 
I'm looking forward to enjoying some sun, love, emotional stability, and maybe a bit of sanity.







2 comments:

  1. Awwww I love it all! The book was such a good idea, I'm glad she liked it. She is going to love working at CONAN. Also I have 1 problem for all of your lady/hormonal problems: IUD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the honesty of your blog! What a great sister to make such a thoughtful gift! I'll miss Bri too!

    ReplyDelete