7.05.2012

Happy 4th

Last year this time, I met the O'Gwin family for the first time. So much has happened since then, 
but nothing about the way the O'Gwins celebrate the 4th changed a bit. 

We made a day of it to be sure. 
We woke up around 5:30 to see the balloons, unfortunately we were a little late.  We made it in enough time to see them rise over the hospital, as we watched from the parking lot. At least that way we missed the traffic and the breakfast rush. 

Next, we were off to Village Inn for some breakfast, and then headed home to relax, and shoot off a couple parachute fireworks. And by a couple, I mean, a ton. 

Followed by my personal favorite part of the day, Spiderman!
My husband is quite the Spiderman nerd/expert. Those words can be used interchangeably can't they? 
I believe I'm allowed to say that considering he is my husband and I love him for it. 
Since Zane has come into my life, his loves became my loves. Well, actually not really, but at least the love for super-heros has (though not quite as much, I assure you.)
We absolutely loved the movie. It is probably my favorite superhero movie yet. Sorry Avengers, nothing personal.Andrew Garfield, and Emma Stone?! Two of my favorites to be sure. Plus their dating in real life? I do love a love story within a love story. 
Go see it. 

After the movie we all lounged around, eating some delicious food, taking little naps, watched Independence Day, waited for the sun to go down, and the temperature with it. 
Finishing the night off, of course, with a couple hours of fireworks. 

wellp, it is what it is1




 Our first 4th of July murried




A firework addict right here, and a cute couple over there





I am so grateful for all the freedoms we enjoy here in the United States.
It was a perfect day of celebrating all our blessings with family.

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July!

Now back to reality, what a mean trick to have the 4th be in the middle of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment