2.15.2014

friends in California

About a month ago, my friend Hillary and I hatched a plan to go to California to celebrate her cute husband Michael's birthday.
My sister is currently working in Disneyland, and our good friend Jo Metcalf  is working at Conan. So basically everyone in my life is doing super cool things, and I felt the need to take advantage of that and live vicariously through them.  So we spent one day at Warner Brothers, and two days in Disneyland.
A million thank you's to both of them for making it all possible!

This was my first grown-up-friends-only vacation, and it was just super great. 
It's similar to a family vacation, but no one cries, and everyone gets along the WHOLE TIME. 

I love Michael and Hillary. I have been friends with them both since I was little, and feel so lucky that those friendships have lasted, and transferred into our marriages. We really had a blast. We got to do a lot of fun things, and take a break from everyday life. 


Fresh out of our 10 hour car ride, we went to Disneyland to participate in a little scavenger hunt my sister was working on. The park was closed down for the night, it was so cool to see Disneyland empty! Truly a once in a lifetime opportunity. So fun, so magical. 


Friday we visited Jo at Warner Brothers. I had already done this with Bri last year, but Zane, Hill, and Michael had not, so we couldn't pass up the opportunity. Pluuus we got to see so many cool things I didn't get to see at my last visit.  

This house used to be the Gilmore Girl home in the glory days. Possibly my favorite show of all time, so this alone was a dream come true. 
It is used now as the back of Spencer's house in Pretty Little Liars. 

Hannah's house on Pretty Little Liars 

Just a set used for shows/movies set in New York City

Remember the one where Pheobe and Rachel go running?

The highlight of our trip to Warner Brothers was easily the Central Perk set from Friends. 
Every prop in there is straight from the Friends.

The famous couch.
Even the writing on the chalk board was left exactly how it was when the show ended, has not been touched in 10 years. Needless to say, we loved it. 

The rest of the trip was spent at the happiest place on earth.

Chip & Dale 



we're romantic 


Aren't Michael and Zane such good sports?

cutest couple

BFFIES


Sometimes life is so good. 


1 comment:

  1. Your Disneyland pictures are so cute!! Come back come back.

    ReplyDelete